Dear TPB Members:
Greetings from the Tourism Promotions Board (TPB)!
The TPB invites its Philippine private sector partners to participate as virtual co-exhibitors in the Marine Diving Fair (MDF) scheduled on 02-04 April 2021 at the Sunshine City Convention Center in Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Japan.
MDF is an annual dive show conducted since 1993 and considered among the largest dive resort and consumer fairs focused on scuba diving and water sports activities. In 2019, a total of 51,989 attendees visited the event, whereas in 2020, a total of 14,622 attendees visited the event, a significant decline from the previous year’s attendance due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2020, the Philippines was chosen the “Best Diving Area” in the overseas category of the Marine Diving Awards 2020.
To maximize our presence in the event, the TPB has reserved a 6-booth space or a 36-sqm. stand for the Philippine pavilion.
Given the border restrictions being implemented in Japan to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Philippine participants can join MDF virtually, provided that they meet the requirements. All booth activities and programs will be done online and participants would no longer need to send representative/s to attend the event physically.
Further, participants will be entitled to the following:
- Table space with tablet for online B2B meetings and appointments at the Philippine stand;
- Inclusion in the Directory of Philippine Exhibitors;
- Inclusion in press releases and advertising initiatives that the DOT/TPB will undertake; and
- Other marketing efforts that will provide the private sector participants optimal advantage and benefit.
Participants must meet the following requirements to be considered as a co-exhibitor:
- Must have a Japanese-speaking staff to conduct B2B and/or answer inquiries;
- Must be on standby during the event hours (Japan Time) in case there are buyers/consumers who would inquire:
– 02 April 2021 1000H-1800H
– 03 April 2021 1000H-1700H
– 04 April 2021 1000H-1700H
- Must have strong and stable internet connection and technical environment for virtual meetings and video calls; and
- Must have promotional materials in Japanese language
Interested parties who will meet the above requirements may signify their intent by accomplishing the attached Pre-Event Questionnaire and Participation Agreement Form. Deadline for submission of Participation Agreement Form with a copy of valid DOT accreditation and Certificate of Authority to Operate issued by DOT will be on 05 March 2021. Please note that participation will be limited to five (5) DOT-accredited tourism establishments on a first-come, first-served basis.
Should you have any queries, you may contact Ms. Francine Roca via email address: [email protected]
Thank you in anticipation of your interest and active participation.